The best way to protect you and others from the flu is to get vaccinated each year. Flu season runs from late fall to early spring. Be sure to get your flu shot as soon as it is available because it takes two weeks to take effect.
The flu shot is:
- safe (including for kids over the age of six months and if you are pregnant or breastfeeding)
- available from your doctor or nurse practitioner, and at participating pharmacies (except for children under age 5) and HPEPH
- proven to reduce the number of doctor visits, hospitalizations and deaths related to the flu
- different each year because the virus changes frequently – so you need to get it every fall
This year, the flu shot will be offered by HPEPH through community clinics at a variety of locations throughout Hastings and Prince Edward counties, as well as through booked appointments.
To book an appointment for your flu shot in:
- Belleville and Picton please call 613-966-5500 x 221
- Trenton please call 613-394-4831
- Bancroft please call 613-332-4555