Last updated: December 17, 2020.
If are you looking for general information about COVID-19, please visit our main COVID-19 web page.
The content below is intended for child care providers.
Newsletters and Updates
Guidance – Overall
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions for Child Care Sector – HPEPH – Updated Nov 24, 2020
- Have a COVID-19 related question not answered in the above FAQs document? Complete this form and we will get back to you shortly.
- COVID-19: Reopening Child Care Centres – Ministry of Education
Protocols for Child Care
- Protocols for Staff, Students or Children With Symptoms of COVID-19 – HPEPH – October 6, 2020
- Protocol When Staff, Student or Child Test Positive for COVID-19 –HPEPH – Updated October 6, 2020
- Return to Child Care Protocols for Staff or Children when Testing is Recommended – HPEPH – Updated October 7, 2020
- Child Care Protocol When COVID-19 Outbreak is Declared – HPEPH – Updated October 6, 2020
HPEPH recommends using Ontario’s COVID-19 School and Child Care Screening Tool each morning to screen for symptoms of COVID-19 before leaving home.
- Fillable – Ontario’s COVID-19 School and Child Care Screening Tool – October 5, 2020
- Caregivers can also request that parents submit an electronic version of the COVID-19 Screening Tool by email. This tool can also be printed for use where digital screening is not available.
- COVID-19 Childcare Screening Tracking Tool – HPEPH
- Caregivers can use this tool to document program attendance and daily screening.
Please post these posters at all entrances to remind staff/visitors/parents of children to complete screening before entering, or to use as a screening tool.
- School and Child Care Screening Poster (for students/children) – HPEPH
- Employees/Visitors Screening Poster – HPEPH
Assessment Centres in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties
- There are a number of ways to be assessed and tested for COVID-19 in our region. Review our Getting Tested for COVID-19 web page for more information.
Guidance – Health and Safety
- COVID-19 Workplace Safety Plan – Ontario Government
- COVID-19 Precautions When Working as a Janitor or Caretaker – Public Services Health and Safety Association
- Cleaning and Disinfecting in Public Spaces – Health Canada
- Cleaning and Disinfecting for Public Settings – Public Health Ontario
- List of Approved Disinfectants – Health Canada
- Guidance for Use of Public Washrooms – HPEPH
- Resources to Support Prevention of COVID-19 in the Workplace – HPEPH
Use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Putting on Personal Protective Equipment (Poster) – Public Health Ontario
- Taking off Person Protective Equipment (Poster) – Public Health Ontario
- How to Safely Put on and Remove a Face Mask (Video) – HPEPH
- Use of Face Coverings in Schools – HPEPH
- Cleaning and Disposing of Non-medical Masks and Face Coverings (Poster) – Health Canada
- Mandatory Mask Wearing Sign – HPEPH
Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette
- Hand Hygiene Posters:
For more resources & videos, visit infection control for educators web page.
Information for Parents and Caregivers
- Back to School Planning: Guidance for Parents, Guardians, and Caregivers web page – HPEPH
- Resilience Campaign web page – HPEPH
- COVID-19- What Kids Need to Know – Government of Canada