The Ontario government has released a notice that, effective immediately, Ontarians should only seek testing at assessment centres if they are:
- Showing COVID-19 symptoms;
- Have been exposed to a confirmed case of the virus, as informed by your public health unit or exposure notification through the COVID Alert app;
- A resident or work in a setting that has a COVID-19 outbreak, as identified and informed by your local public health unit; and
- Eligible for testing as part of a targeted testing initiative directed by the Ministry of Health or the Ministry of Long-Term Care.
Residents of Hastings and Prince Edward Counties are requested not to go to an assessment centre without pre-registering.
Please call ahead and pre-register for one of the COVID-19 Assessment Centres (Belleville, Trenton, Picton, Bancroft) whenever possible (note: pre-registration is mandatory for Picton). Once you pre-register through the COVID-19 hotline, or use the online pre-registration form (for Belleville and Trenton only), you will be provided with instructions and directions for attending a local assessment centre.
The hotline is available 9 a.m. – 5 p.m, 7 days a week. The online registration form for Belleville and Trenton can be filled out any time of day but you will not receive confirmation/directions before 9 a.m. or after 5 p.m.
- Belleville and Trenton operate from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., 7 days a week.
- The Bancroft assessment centre operates from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- The Picton assessment centre operates from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday by appointment only.
- Bancroft – 613-332-2825 ext. 6222
- Belleville and Trenton – 613-961-5544 (you can still call if you prefer not to use the online form).
- Picton (by appointment only) – 613-813-6864
For weekend testing, call the Belleville/Trenton Hotline.
Please be aware that, due to high volumes, wait times at the assessment centres can be an hour or more, and test results can take anywhere from 2 to 5 days.
Your patience is appreciated.
If you require medical attention, contact your health care provider, TeleHealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 or for a medical emergency, please call 911 immediately. Individuals who are concerned about accessing an assessment centre or who have questions about COVID-19 are encouraged to call the HPEPH COVID-19 information line at 613-966-5500 / 1-800-267-2803.
While you’re waiting for your test results:
- Isolate yourself from others if you have COVID-19 symptoms or may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- If you do not have symptoms and have not been exposed to COVID-19, continue physical distancing and monitor for symptoms while you wait for results.
Test results are available online at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/.
If you are unable to access the online portal please call the COVID-19 Assessment Centre where you got tested to get your results.
If your test was conducted at the Bancroft, Belleville, or Trenton assessment centres, you can also request an email copy of your test results through the Quinte Health Care website portal.
- You were tested for COVID-19: What you should know – Public Health Ontario
- How to Self-Monitor – Public Health Ontario
- How to Self-Isolate – Public Health Ontario
- Self Isolation: A Guide for Caregivers/Contacts – Public Health Ontario