Hastings Prince Edward Public Health is a public health agency that serves the counties of Hastings and Prince Edward from four local offices in Bancroft, Belleville, Picton and Trenton. We monitor the health of our local population, deliver programs and services within our communities, and help develop healthy public policies. We provide information and support in many areas to help improve the health and well-being of our residents.
Some examples of the services we provide include:
- Supporting new parents and babies through breastfeeding consultations and feeding classes
- Inspecting recreational water facilities, personal service settings, and food service settings to keep residents safe
- Providing information, resources, and classes to help improve knowledge about nutrition
- Offering community clinics for vaccinations, healthy sexuality, and to help residents quit smoking
- Providing support and resources to parents and caregivers
- Offering vision screening to senior kindergarten students in our communities
- Monitoring and responding to occurrences of West Nile Virus and Rabies
- Collaborating with our communities to promote safety and reduce injuries
- Providing oral health screening and clinics
- Providing education and information to help make informed decisions about drug and alcohol use
- Monitoring and reporting on community health issues to help inform the planning and delivery of local health services
How we are Funded
Our operations are funded by the Ministry of Health, local Municipal governments, the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, the Public Health Agency of Canada, and Health Canada.