Please review our website thoroughly before contacting Hastings Prince Edward Public Health (HPEPH). If you are a Health care provider/health worker, please visit our COVID-19 Health Care Resources page.
Hastings Prince Edward Public Health (HPEPH) has moved back to the Green-Prevent level of the provincial reopening Framework as of February 10, 2021.
Residents of HPEPH are commended for their ongoing perseverance and efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19. Thanks to these efforts, many businesses and establishments are able to re-open, with restrictions in place. However, this is not a return to normal. In order to maintain our progress, all residents are asked to remain thoughtful about daily choices, as individual efforts can make huge impact to stop the spread of illness.
For details regarding restrictions and precautions applicable to the Green-Prevent level of the province’s reopening Framework, please visit Ontario.ca. In addition to restrictions outlined by the province, Dr. Piotr Oglaza, Medical Officer of Health and CEO at HPEPH, has implemented a Class 22 Order, requiring the following additional precautions in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties:
- Bookings for accommodation, personal service settings, and dine-in food services shall be accepted only for individuals residing in regions where Stay at Home Order has been lifted (exceptions will include booking accommodation for individuals who are travelling to our region for essential reasons as defined by the Ontario’s Stay at Home Order).
- Dine-in services shall be limited to 6 people per table.
- Contact information shall be required for all patrons attending local food service establishments and personal service settings.
- Retail businesses shall be required to maintain/post a safety plan. Workers and patrons shall and wear appropriate face coverings or PPE.
- Retail businesses shall not play music at a volume any louder than a normal conversation.
- Patrons shall not be permitted to line up inside a retail setting, or to line up/congregate outside a retail setting unless they are wearing a face covering and can maintain 2 metres of distance.
For additional information and justification, the complete Class 22 Order is available on our website.
HPEPH will continue to update hpePublicHealth.ca to include information for local businesses and residents. Local business owners/operators who are unable to find answers to their questions on our web page are invited to complete our online inquiry form.
Click on the categories below to learn more about the COVID-19 response in Hastings & Prince Edward Counties.
- Self-Assessment Tool – Ministry of Health
- COVID-19 Vaccines Fact Sheet – HPEPH
- COVID-19 UK Variant Fact Sheet – HPEPH
- COVID-19 Information Videos in American Sign Language – Ottawa Public Health
- COVID-19 Information For and By People With Disabilities – HPEPH
- COVID-19 Fact Sheet – HPEPH
- Mental and Emotional Health During COVID-19 – HPEPH
- Sexual Health and COVID-19 – HPEPH
- Substance use During the COVID-19 Pandemic – HPEPH
- Pregnancy During COVID-19 – HPEPH
- COVID-19 Advice: Religious Services, Rites or Ceremonies – Ministry of Health
- How to Self-Monitor – Public Health Ontario
- How to Self-Isolate – Public Health Ontario
- Self Isolation: A Guide for Caregivers and Contacts – Public Health Ontario
- Caring for Pets – Public Health Ontario
Signs and Posters
- Attention Visitor Sign (EN) / Avis Aux Visiteurs (FR) – Ministry of Health/HPEPH
- COVID-19 Retail Store Sign – HPEPH
- Mandatory Mask Sign with Exemptions – HPEPH
- Wash Your Hands – Public Health Agency of Canada
- Physical Distancing – Ministry of Health
- What You Need to Stay Healthy – Ministry of Health
- How and When to Wear a Mask – Ministry of Health