Quit Smoking Program
Quitting smoking is the single best thing you can do to improve your life and health. You may smoke for many reasons, but you have better reasons to quit. Think about your reasons for quitting and what you want to achieve, whether it be health, relationships, or finances.
Hastings Prince Edward Public Health supports anyone who is considering taking a step towards quitting smoking.
- We Can Quit Smoking Clinics, where participants will receive support and access to low-cost nicotine replacement therapy (patches, gum, and/or lozenges) for $5 per product.
- STOP on the Road- a one afternoon workshop with 5 weeks of free patches.
- Upcoming sessions - Monday April 24 at 1:30pm in Belleville and Thursday May 18 at 1:30pm in Trenton. Please call 613-966-5500 ext. 600 to register for this workshop.
- Free quit smoking information kits.
We also offer home visits to expecting moms and new moms with a baby (up to 12 months of age) who want to quit smoking. Through this program mothers can access:
- Free nicotine replacement therapy (patch, gum, lozenges)
- Free quit kit resources
- Help to make a quit plan
- Support for her and her partner
To access the Smokers’ Help Line, call 1-877-513-5333 or visit www.smokershelpline.ca for free resources and counselling from the smokers help line staff.
For more information on any of these programs, email our Tobacco Talk Line or call us at (613) 966-5500 or 1-800-267-2803, ext. 600.