Please note that our offices are temporarily closed to the public to allow us to respond to COVID-19 demands. Phone lines remain open. Please access our media release for more information.
We encourage you to reach out to the following resources:
1) The InJoy online prenatal education program (please scroll down). If you have not received information about this program, please call our CARELine at 613-966-5500 or 1-800-267-2803, ext. 223, or text 450-990-5551.
2) If you want to speak with a Public Health Nurse to have Prenatal Education questions answered, please call our CARELine at 613-966-5500 or 1-800-267-2803, ext. 223, or text 450-990-5551. If you have medical questions or concerns please contact your Health Care Provider or call Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000.
3) For a virtual tour of the Maternity Floor at Quinte Health Care, please visit www.qhc.on.ca
4) Best Start Resource Centre offers online resources for expecting families, please visit www.beststart.org
Page last updated: March 17, 2020.
Pregnancy is an exciting time, but it can lead to many questions. We can help you prepare yourself for a new arrival. Our free Prenatal Education can be completed online, or a combination of online and in-person learning. We encourage expectant moms and support persons to participate in prenatal education as early as possible in pregnancy.
Public Health delivers an online e-learning program called InJoy Online. This free program includes four online classes, that are interactive, easy to use, and will work on your mobile device. The four classes include:
- Understanding Pregnancy
- Understanding Birth
- Understanding Breastfeeding
- Understanding Your Newborn
These classes are recommended for people expecting their first child, as well as anyone looking for a refresher. These online sessions must be completed before taking the in-person sessions (see below).
Register for InJoy
Getting started with InJoy eLearning is easy! To begin:
- Visit injoyonline.com
- Click on “Create Account”
- Fill out the fields for your account
- Enter Redemption Code: hpebabies
- Click “Validate”
- Accept the Terms & Conditions
- Click “Complete”
Your account will be active for a period of one year from the time it is created. Be sure to bookmark injoyonline.com for future visits. Enjoy your eClasses!
Not Able to Get Online?
If you are unable to access a computer, tablet or mobile device, or do not have internet access, please call 613-966-5500 or 1-800-267-2803, ext. 223 or text 450-990-5551, so we can help you to make arrangements to access these classes.
Please note that all in-person classes are cancelled until further notice. Please call our CARELine at 613-966-5500 ext. 223 for more information.
We are pleased to offer in-person sessions for expectant parents who would like a bit more information and support. Please note that pregnant women and support persons need to complete the online classes before taking the in-person sessions. We offer two in-person sessions, which cover:
1. Breastfeeding. Connect with other expectant families, ask questions, and apply the knowledge you learned in the Breastfeeding eClass through hands on activities and discussion.
Upcoming class dates:
- February 11 (Tues): Belleville (179 North Park Street)
- March 25 (Wed): Quinte West (499 Dundas Street West)
- April 14 (Tues): Belleville (179 North Park Street)
- May 6 (Wed): Quinte West (499 Dundas Street West)
- June 2 (Tues): Belleville (179 North Park Street)
2. Labour and Birth. Take a tour of the Belleville General Hospital (265 Dundas Street East) Maternity Floor (Quinte 7) and ask a Public Health Nurse any questions that you may have about labour, birth, or pregnancy in general.
Upcoming class dates:
- February 4 (Tues)
- March 11 (Wed)
- April 22 (Wed)
- May 13 (Wed)
- June 8 (Mon)
The in-person prenatal class schedule is updated throughout the year, so please check back for future dates.
Ready to Register?
To register for in-person sessions, please check out our upcoming classes and complete our online registration form. For assistance, call 613-966-5500 or 1-800-267-2803, ext. 223.