Public Health recognizes the importance of Prenatal Education for expectant parents. We offer FREE Prenatal Education eClasses through InJoy online program. These eClasses are recommended for parents expecting their first child, as well as anyone looking for a refresher. The four eClasses include:
- How your baby develops during your pregnancy
- Tips for healthy eating
- Tips for safe exercising
- How to breastfeed
- How to ensure a good latch
- Breastfeeding positions
- Signs of labour
- Stages of labour
- Comfort measures that you can use during labour
Understanding Your Newborn
- How to care for your newborn
- Feeding your newborn
- Bathing and changing diapers
To REGISTER for InJoy eClasses:
- Visit injoyonline.com
- Click on “Create Account”
- Fill out the fields for your account
- Enter Redemption Code: hpebabies
- Click “Validate”
- Accept the Terms & Conditions
- Click “Complete”
Your account will be active for a period of one year from the time it is created. Be sure to bookmark injoyonline.com for future visits. Enjoy your eClasses!
Not Able to Get Online? If you are unable to access a computer, tablet, mobile device or do not have internet access, please call 613-966-5500 or 1-800-267-2803, ext. 223 or text 450-990-5551, so we can help you to make alternate arrangements.
To speak with a Public Health Nurse and have your Prenatal Education questions answered, or for information on prenatal resources and supports, please call 613-966-5500 or 1-800-267-2803, ext. 223 or text 450-990-5551. If you have medical questions or concerns, please contact your Health Care Provider or call Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000.
Additional Resources and Links:
- Hastings Prince Edward Public Health: Healthy Pregnancies Helpful Websites – A list of credible websites that have information on having a healthy pregnancy and preparing for parenthood. (While every effort is made to ensure this resource is current and accurate, HPEPH cannot guarantee that any changes to the source links will be immediately updated).
- Your Guide to Labour and Birth (Best Start Resource Centre)
- Breastfeeding Matters (Best Start Resource Centre)
- Sleep Well, Sleep Safe (Best Start Resource Centre)
- Pregnancy Is Not Always What You Expect: Taking care of your mental health while planning a pregnancy or while pregnant (Best Start Resource Centre)