Pregnancy is an exciting time, but it can lead to many questions. We can help you prepare yourself for a new arrival. Our free Prenatal Education can be completed online, or a combination of online and in-person learning. We encourage expectant moms and support persons to participate in prenatal education as early as possible in pregnancy.
Public Health delivers an online e-learning program called InJoy Online. This free program includes four online classes, that are interactive, easy to use, and will work on your mobile device. The four classes include:
- Understanding Pregnancy
- Understanding Birth
- Understanding Breastfeeding
- Understanding Your Newborn
These classes are recommended for people expecting their first child, as well as anyone looking for a refresher. These online sessions must be completed before taking the in-person sessions (see below).
Register for InJoy
Getting started with InJoy eLearning is easy! To begin:
- Visit injoyonline.com
- Click on “Create Account”
- Fill out the fields for your account
- Enter Redemption Code: hpebabies
- Click “Validate”
- Accept the Terms & Conditions
- Click “Complete”
Your account will be active for a period of one year from the time it is created. Be sure to bookmark injoyonline.com for future visits. Enjoy your eClasses!
Not Able to Get Online?
If you are unable to access a computer, tablet or mobile device, or do not have internet access, please call 613-966-5500 or 1-800-267-2803, ext. 223 or text 450-990-5551, so we can help you to make arrangements to access these classes.
We are pleased to offer in-person sessions for expectant parents who would like a bit more information and support. Please note that pregnant women and support persons need to complete the online classes before taking the in-person sessions. We offer two in-person sessions, which cover:
1. Breastfeeding. Connect with other expectant families, ask questions, and apply the knowledge you learned in the Breastfeeding eClass through hands on activities and discussion.
Upcoming class dates:
- January 21 (Tues): Belleville (179 North Park Street)
- February 11 (Tues): Belleville (179 North Park Street)
- March 25 (Wed): Quinte West (499 Dundas Street West)
2. Labour and Birth. Take a tour of the Belleville General Hospital (265 Dundas Street East) Maternity Floor (Quinte 7) and ask a Public Health Nurse any questions that you may have about labour, birth, or pregnancy in general.
Upcoming class dates:
- January 14 (Tues)
- February 4 (Tues)
- March 11 (Wed)
The in-person prenatal class schedule is updated throughout the year, so please check back for future dates.
Ready to Register?
To register for in-person sessions, please check out our upcoming classes and complete our online registration form. For assistance, call 613-966-5500 or 1-800-267-2803, ext. 223.