Adults & Older Adults
Good nutrition is important at any age. Eating well can help you feel well and reduce your risk for, or help you manage, health conditions like diabetes or high blood pressure.
Use Canada’s Food Guide as your go-to tool for healthy eating. Aim to have plenty of vegetables and fruit, eat protein foods, and choose whole grains each day. Plan what you eat and cook at home often. Enjoy meals and snacks with others when possible.
- Take the Nutri-eSCREEN quiz for older adults
- Speak to a Registered Dietitian for free by calling Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 (weekdays from 9am – 5pm)
- Visit Unlock Food for more information on popular nutrition topics
- Our local Nutrition Directory can help you find a local Registered Dietitian or other nutrition services
- Use the Food Access Guide to find free or low-cost food and meal programs and services in your region