COVID-19 Workplace Resources
Please access our Employer Package that outlines the role of employers in COVID-19 Management.
Ergonomics for Working from Home:
Workplace Safety and Prevention Services, an Ontario not-for-profit safety organization, has ergonomic safety resources for Temporary Home Offices:
- Setting up a Temporary Laptop Workstation YouTube video
- Quick Steps for Setting Up Your Temporary Laptop Workstation
- Home Office Workstation Checklist
- At-Home Flexibility Stretches
Business Supports and Training:
- Resources for Business During COVID-19 Pandemic in Quinte Region -Quinte Economic Development Commission offers information on a wide range of business wage subsidies, financial assistance and human resource programs, as well as education and training opportunities and other resources.
Psychological Health and Safety during COVID-19:
- Managing Through COVID-19: How to support Your Employees’ Mental Health – Ottawa Public Health offers guidance on protecting the psychological health and safety of employees during the pandemic. It considers the 13 factors within the National Standard for Workplace Psychological Health and Safety. The document offers recommendations for best practices around change management, workplace trauma and resilience, with reference to the factors to which the recommendations relate.
- COVID-19 Resources – Mental Health Commission of Canada offers links to virtual Crisis Response training for essential workplaces, self-care and reliance guides for workers, infographics and other mental health resources.
- Videos to Support Workplace Mental Health During COVID-19– This series of short videos offer recommendations on supporting mental health for employers and employees.
Page last updated: May 7, 2020
What is a Healthy Workplace?
According to the World Health Organization, a healthy workplace is one in which workers and managers collaborate to continually improve the ways the workplace protects and promotes the health, safety and well-being of all workers and the sustainability of the workplace.
Healthy workplaces provide an environment that is supportive of employees’ mental and physical health, making the healthy choice the easy choice.
Why Create a Healthy Workplace?
Today’s business environment requires organizations to leverage every possible advantage to in order to thrive, be competitive and be sustainable. Research has shown that organizations with an engaged, healthy workforce are more effective, more productive, and enjoy a better reputation. Such organizations also tend to have reduced absenteeism, fewer health-related expenses, and lower staff turnover.
How can I Support a Healthy Workplace?
Researchers have shown that, to effectively address health in the workplace, employers need to use a comprehensive approach, acting on a variety of factors. The Ontario Workplace Health Coalition (OWHC) Healthy Workplace Model has four essential elements that work together to create a healthy workplace. It can be used by workplaces of all sizes.
How can Public Health Help?
HPEPH can provide information, resources, and support to encourage the creation of a healthy workplace. Have a look at our lending programs, resources available below, or give us a call at 613-966-5500 or 1-800-267-2803, ext. 610.
Resources to Support a Healthy Workplace
Healthy Eating at Work
The workplace often involves food and meal times. Our Healthy Workplace Nutrition Environment Toolkit and Hosting Healthy Meetings and Events brochure can provide some ideas to encourage healthy eating at work.