Skip to main content Skip to sitemap
Hastings and Prince Edward Public Health
Ontario Immunization Record Card

Immunization Reporting and Records

Updating Immunization Records

Immunizations are an important part of our health record. It is important to keep a copy of our records in a safe place.

In Ontario, health care providers do not automatically report immunizations to their local public health agency. Parents and guardians are responsible for reporting their child’s immunizations to Public Health. You can report your child’s immunizations using the online Immunization reporting tool ICON.

Go to the ICON site to view or update immunization records.

Reporting Your Child’s Immunizations

When reporting your child’s immunization(s), the following information will be required:

  • Child’s name
  • Date of birth
  • Health Card number
  • Name of vaccine received, date given, name of health care provider

Other Options for Updating Immunization Records

  • Email copy of immunization record to
  • Fax copy of immunization record to 613-966-8145
  • Phone 613-966-5500 or 1-800-267-2803, ext. 221

Record of TB Skin Test

If you attended a clinic at Hastings Prince Edward Public Health for a TB skin test, and are unable to find your record, you can obtain a new one by filling out the form Request for Record of Tuberculin Skin Test and submitting it in person or by email to You may also submit a request by phone at 613-966-5500 ext. 221.

The fee for this service is:

  • $10.00 for TB Test Letter printed from electronic record
  • $20.00 for TB Test Record transcribed and signed by a nurse from paper records (before September 2017)

Your record will be ready for pick-up within 3 to 5 business days.

What does Public Health do with Immunization Records?

Public Health reviews the immunization records of all elementary and secondary school students to ensure that they meet the ISPA requirements. Parents will receive letters from HPEPH if their child’s records are not up to date or missing.

Children who do not have an up-to-date immunization record or valid exemption on file at HPEPH may be suspended from school for up to 20 school days.

Parents or caregivers are responsible for reporting to Public Health each time your child receives an immunization. Your health care provider does not report these records.

Certain immunizations are required by the Immunization of School Pupils Act. We provide reminders to parents in the fall and early winter to ensure immunizations and/or student records are up to date. If records are not updated by a designated suspension date (usually early spring), Public Health will provide each principal with a list of the students who do not have an updated record.  The student will not be allowed to enter school until records are up to date.

Find out more about immunization requirements for kids in daycare and school.

Related Resources:

Need More Information About Immunization Reporting and Records?

Call 613-966-5500 or 1-800-267-2803, ext. 221.

News, Research and Reports RELATED TO: Child Care Providers, Educators, Family Health

The Real Cost of Eating Well 2018

PUBLISHED: Wednesday January 31, 2018

Food Literacy Report 2017

PUBLISHED: Sunday December 31, 2017

Interested in receiving monthly updates about HPEPH programs and services?

Sign up for our e-newsletter


Individuals turning 12 and over in 2021 who have not yet had a first dose, or those who meet the minimum second dose interval are now eligible to attend HPEPH walk-in clinics. To view the schedule, visit the Booking and Eligibility Page.

If you attended a clinic and did not receive an email copy of your vaccination receipt you can download a copy off the provincial booking site at


Individuals turning 12 and over in 2021 can also receive their vaccination at participating local pharmacies. Please visit for location and registration information.


On Friday, July 16 at 12:01 a.m., Ontario moved to Step 3  of the the Roadmap to Reopen. We must all continue to follow the public health measures, advice and restrictions. Outdoor gatherings are limited to 100 people in Step 3, and distancing must be maintained. For more information, visit our COVID-19 page.


If you are concerned about potential exposure to a positive case of COVID-19, please be reassured that any contacts of a confirmed case will be contacted directly and monitored by public health.

Low-risk and indirect contacts should self monitor for symptoms for 10 days from the time of potential exposure and seek testing if symptoms develop. Low risk contacts do not need to isolate unless symptoms develop, and can continue to attend school/work/daycare while monitoring for symptoms.