Hastings and Prince Edward Counties/June 9, 2021 – Hastings and Prince Edward Public Health (HPEPH) is inviting the following individuals to register on the COVID-19 vaccination standby list as early as today!
- Any individuals 12 and over who have not booked a first dose appointment
- Those who are eligible for an accelerated 2nd dose appointment, including:
- Individuals aged 70 or older
- Individuals who received an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) on or before April 18
- Individuals who received an AstraZeneca vaccine more than 12 weeks ago, and wish to receive an mRNA vaccine for their 2nd dose.
- Individuals with certain highest-risk health conditions
- Indigenous adults and members of their household
To be eligible for the standby list, you must also:
- Be able to be at the designated clinic site within 45 minutes if invited;
- Indicate your willingness to receive either mRNA vaccine that is available (Pfizer or Moderna), as per current guidance from the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI).
“Vaccine is the best possible way to protect yourself and those you love from serious illness related to COVID-19, says Dr. Piotr Oglaza, Medical Officer of Health and CEO at HPEPH. “Those who are eligible are encouraged to take advantage of the standby list in order to get fully vaccinated as quickly as possible.”
For more information and to register, hpePublicHealth.ca/standby as soon as possible.
Emily Tubbs, Communications Specialist
Maureen Hyland, Communications Specialist