NEW: Immunization Connect Ontario (ICON) Online System
You can now view and download your current immunization record online. Like your Yellow Card, only better. Keep track of immunizations by reporting them to your Public Health Unit. Submitting and obtaining records are now self-serve options for parents.
You will require your Ontario Health Card Number (OHCN) and Ontario Immunization ID Number (OIID)
- If submitting dates, you may only require your OHCN.
- Call the Health Unit to get the Immunization ID Number if the system asks you for it, in order to "view" or retrieve your records (613-966-5500). Please note that you cannot ask for this ID number by email or fax.
- If you have been out of high school for more than 15 years, you did not attend school in Ontario, or you have had a name change, you may not be in the database and will need to call the health unit to check.
Visit the ICON Connect link and enter the OHCN and OIID numbers.
- Enter your email address and choose a PIN # so that you can access the site at any time
Select "View Immunizations" or "Submit Immunizations"
- If entering the vaccine dates, always upload a picture of your record with it.
- If downloading your record, save it on your computer as a PDF for future use.
- Please note that students 16 years of age and older should access their own records online through ICON.
You can download a record at any time.
There will be a time delay before newly submitted information shows up on a downloaded record. Using ICON is still the quickest way to submit and retrieve records.
Reporting your Child's Immunizations
The Immunization of School Pupils Act (ISPA), requires Public Health to have up to date immunization records for all students in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties. As your child enters daycare or school, you will be asked to provide your child's immunization record. Your child may be denied entry into daycare or may be suspended from school if their immunization records are not up to date. It is the parents' responsibility to update Public Health when their child receives an immunization from a Healthcare Professional.
If you choose not to vaccinate your child, you are required to provide a cover letter for daycare and a Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief Affidavit for Child Care Centres or a Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief Affidavit for JK-Grade 12 or have a Medical Exemption on file with Public Health. All affidavits must be signed in the presence of a notary public or commissioner of oaths and originals submitted to Public Health. It is strongly encouraged that you know and understand the risks and responsibilities of not having your child vaccinated. Please note you will also have to complete an education session offered through Public Health if you intend on submitting a Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief exemption. Please call Public Health to schedule this education session and please allow about 1 hour to complete this.
Individuals may receive publicly funded vaccinations at no charge* through routine immunization appointments. You may be asked for your Ontario Health Card, but it is not required in order to receive immunization(s). Please bring any previous immunization record to the clinic when attending.
*A fee applies for certain non-publicly funded immunizations.
To book an immunization appointment in Belleville or Picton, please call 613-966-5500 ext. 221
To book an immunization appointment in Trenton, please call 613-394-4831
To book an immunization appointment in Bancroft, please call 613-332-4555
Record of TB Skin Test
If you attended a clinic at Hastings Prince Edward Public Health for a TB skin test, and you cannot find your record, you can obtain a new one by filling out the form Request for Record of Tuberculin Skin Test and submitting it electronically by email at CDCIMM@hpeph.ca or by fax at 613-966-8145.
You may also submit a request in person or by phone at 613-966-5500 ext. 221.
The fee for this service is:
- $10.00 for TB Test Letter printed from electronic record
- $20.00 for TB Test Record transcribed and signed by a nurse from paper records (before September 2017)
Your record will be ready for pick-up within 3 to 5 business days.
If you received a TB skin test at the Trenton or Bancroft office, you will need to contact them to request your record.
Questions? Please call our Immunization line at 613-966-5500 ext. 221.