January 20, 2021/Hastings and Prince Edward Counties – Today, the Province announced an expansion of Workplace Enforcement Campaigns with an aim to further protect workers and customers at all essential businesses.
As part of the campaign, provincial inspectors and local public health inspectors will be visiting a variety of businesses in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties, including:
- gas stations,
- corner convenience stores,
- grocery stores,
- discount and big box stores,
- warehousing and manufacturing facilities,
- food establishments providing takeout.
HPEPH recognizes that the COVID-19 pandemic is an unprecedented and challenging time for Ontario’s workers and businesses. That is why HPEPH is working with the province to support community safety campaigns intended to educate businesses and workers on public health measures required under the Reopening Ontario Act and Ontario’s COVID-19 Response Framework: Enhancing Public Health and Workplace Safety Measures in the Provincewide Shutdown.
In addition, businesses can access the following resources to help raise awareness of COVID safety in the workplace:
- COVID-19 worker and employee screening tool
- Developing a COVID-19 workplace safety plan
- Resources to prevent COVID-19 in the workplace
- Guidance for employers during breaks
- Break poster
- Lunch poster
- Keep it to yourself poster
- Workplace Personal Protective Equipment Supplier Directory
Local business owners/operators with questions about current regulations are invited to visit our COVID-19 Resources for Workplaces web page, complete our online form, or call 1-800-267-2803 ext. 677. HPEPH looks forward to continuing to work with local businesses owners and workplaces to keep our community safe.
Maureen Hyland, Communications Specialist